Monday, August 31, 2009

So this is the new Hollywood Secrets...

Was initally pretty thrilled to know Hollywood Secrets is re-open (or, sorta) and immediately book an appointment when found the website.

Gotta know they will be moving away from Paragon when one fine day I decided to trim my bushy brows smwhere in Feb this year, only to find that they were in the mids of renovating and will only be re-open in Mandarin Gallery in July.

I waited for time to pass, Mandarin Gallery still not open. Whatever, I googled online found their site n no, called them up, gotta know they went located temporary at the hotel beside Mandarin Gallery. Made an appointment, made a trip down just now.

And guess what?

They were providing services in a hotel room.

I was told to ask any of the hotel staff, and none know. Called again, told me take the lift up to 5th storey, change to another set of elevator, to the 8th storey (stating at it's the fitness centre level).

Apparently instructions wasn't clear! I was loitering up and down till a cleaner auntie told me to go to a room.

Blah. Damnit, she didn't told me it's a room! I was half expecting to be a temporary outlet.

Knocked, nobody came. Went in on my own, asked a guy, "is that Hollywood Secrets?" He said yes, but no further instructions from there.

I stepped in, asked a lady doing manicure. She just asked me to sit and wait while a bunch of bitchy girls (who acted totally like models though they were all fugly) finished up their makeups and hairdos. Oh yah, and the lady who was doing the brows, she was damn irritatingly slow.

Seriously! She was chatting (in quite foul language) and she stopped her hands while she gossiped with her fellow colleagues, which sounded like they were paid tooo little for the jobs they are doing? like hello, dun u know you have customers in the room as well?? And oh yah, the rest of the conversation goes like, I wan to walk down Orchard in bikini. You never read the papers meh? Got girls do that okay! I'm so assuming the next to walk into the police station in bikini is her as well. -.-

Nvm about tt. When it was suppose to be my turn, she just merely get me to sit beside her, took out her mobile, n took a great deal of time to type and send her sms without even the slightest courtesy to acknowledge my presence! I sat like an idiot beside her.

She didn't ask, I hafta open my mouth to tell her I wan au-natural. Imagine she pluck out all my brows! *roll eyes*

Here comes the exciting part. After it was done, I took out my $50 note everyone ignored me like they dun wan the payment. Hello... Then after she finished running her fingers through her hair and arching her back, she finally put out her precious hand to collect my money. (Like I was begging her.) She stared at the note, then told me she want a smaller note.

I told her I don't have any, I even had the courtesy to propose giving her another $2 and all I need was another 4pcs of $10. She shot her bloody eyes at me, No, $12.

Bloody fuck! Do you think I deliberately hide all the $10 from you?? I showed her another 2pcs $50, then she shut the fuck up. Still, she gave me the itsyourbloodyfault look. She asked if anyone had any to spare, and I heard the classic, I have, but I dun wan give you leh.

Does that women know she is in the working society or wat??

Finally after some cajoling, she decided to lend out her money, and plus another $20 from another customer, I gotten my $40 change.

So you think I'm gonna go back though gd brow trimming? I'm so gonna go Hairloom @Raffles Place next time round, or at least when the real outlet is open.

No comments: