Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Trust

Trust is an important element in relationships. Even thought needed in every sort, romantic ones are especially.

My parents brought me up and guided me my first step.
The brother I grew up with runs the same blood within my veins.
My friends, though, share joys and woes, left me with ample personal space.

A romantic relationship, however, is talking about how you have to spend the rest of your life with someone that pops into your life at unexpected... or expected moments. It may be your current friend, it may be a second degree friendship, or it may just be a stranger you took the same train with everyday. I haven’t seen cupid, I have no idea what his mood might bring you into. So, right here, we are talking about handing your entire fate into someone else’s hands, someone you used to barely know. Trust, this essential element is the antidote to maintaining a positive relationship.

 And one thing for sure about myself, is that I have an issue with trust. My invisible walls are built up so high that you probably need a ladder to climb over those obstructive barriers.

Yet the kind of relationship I am in right now is surviving solely base on trust.

Have you ever treasure a fate so much that it gives you the strength to forsake certain reality you learn to know? You know even thought dark thoughts will eventually swam up, but you chose to keep them in whichever tiny corner you can find in your conscious and pretend it never exist, at least for the so long as it last?

It wouldn’t be me if I haven’t triple check on a piece of information, but right now I haven’t pop a single question, or even requested an elucidation. I constantly dug into my heart and pump in fuel that keeps my inner strength for trust, and silently pray that everything will turn out okay.

Someone once spoke the cliché phrase “love is blind,” you gotta believe every single letter. For all you may know, I may not be too far from my breaking point, but for every single moment I spent despite the callings of guilt, the word regret never surfaced.

No comments: